I need help

Ask our teachers questions about psychic development and mediumship.

I need help

Postby Lannabanana » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:53 am

I have been seeing shadowy figures out of the corners of my eyes, but every time I turn my head to look at them they vanish. I have only ever seen one straight on. Is this like a real thing or am I just crazy? I have also heard someone whispering my name in my ear at night and it wakes me up. I'm pretty sure it's not a dream. I've started sleeping with a blanket over my ears and it has stopped for now. I also think I've heard a lady's voice in the hallway outside my bedroom at night. Is this a real thing or just a vivid dream? I also get a lot of ringing in my ears. This is all freaking me out and confusing me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lannabanana

Re: I need help

Postby ZZZEP » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi Lana

In the short term there is a class tonight @ 10.00PM UK time which has separate topics so cannot answer your inquiries exactly but would facilitate much else of same relevance and a chance to get to know others

Why not join us in the chatrooms and i'm sure your specifics would be followed up in the forum in due course

(((O)))
May i introduce you to Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzep! - as pronounced by Vi Kipling to Ron Jordan.
ZZZEP

Postby Lannabanana » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Thanks @zzzep
Lannabanana

Postby ZZZEP » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:53 am

Lannabanana wrote:I have been seeing shadowy figures out of the corners of my eyes, but every time I turn my head to look at them they vanish. I have only ever seen one straight on. Is this like a real thing or am I just crazy? I have also heard someone whispering my name in my ear at night and it wakes me up. I'm pretty sure it's not a dream. I've started sleeping with a blanket over my ears and it has stopped for now. I also think I've heard a lady's voice in the hallway outside my bedroom at night. Is this a real thing or just a vivid dream? I also get a lot of ringing in my ears. This is all freaking me out and confusing me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Lanna

I'm going to raise some points outside of your inquiries for yahoo ranking reasons - i hope this is ok :)

(((O)))

These things depend entirely on what you wish to view them as since it is your freewill, - but it is always worth being pragmatic and so i will give a balanced set of opinions based on a model of what it is to be a modern spiritually responsible person. But a bit more even, as i can remark on some of the neuroscientific factors ( which is not standard psychic practice ) - but still - in a way that anyone can understand them.

Peripheral vision is something we all have linked to our survival instincts and it is something which is going to be running no matter what is the reality of spirit. The most active component in the eye is the Retina, a relatively large surface @ inside rear of eye which is ultra sophisticated in its sensing of light through parts which are called rods & cones ( among other parts ). The retina feeds the optic nerve and that links to the central nervous system. However !! - i'm mentioning this only to lead up to the facts that our eyes supply a processed light array to both the mind and nervous systems - hence what we perceive with eyes is enabled to help us feel due to central & peripheral vision relationships with the CNS. Because of that relationship it is also attached to an instinct of fight or flight

Hence - in natural selection terms peripheral vision is intended to assist us in the detection of threats, - this can be as simple as catching a glimpse of the car which isn't so close as to hit us, but we are aware that it is near so will be careful to cross the road safely. If we happen to live on the Serengeti plain same applies to danger by Lion !! - it is our way of being aware of the environment

In other respects peripheral vision in linked to unconscious thoughts in the respect that it is also a memory bank of learned experiences store in order to assist survival instincts - and this is where we may confuse ourselves - the nervous system can feed back images which are in the imagination.

The advice therefore is to decide by your own freewill whether these shadows are supernatural phenomena or parts of peripheral vision which might be processing inner fear stereotypes - ( from memories & experiences we have stored in the mind in addition to fight or flight reflex ).

Have said this

The psychic community ( usually ) - tend be be afraid to enter into potential explanation ( as above ) - since many would feel that it feeds the skeptics just what the require. Personally i do not feel it does since i'd feel it is equivalent to the christian admittance that evolution theory holds much truth. So - for spiritualists to acknowledge the way we neuro -scientifically perform as sentient beings only does likewise & this is only irrelevant in that way. The fact is that a practical embrace of some neuroscience reality does nothing to debunk the central tenets of spiritualism as the conditions which surround spirit are not affected by the presence of these processes - neuroscience is neurological - spirit are phenomenological.

Phenomenological theories of the mind are denied by neuroscience and that is the true position of the argument, - hence is not logical for skeptics to challenge the psychic way due its community having some agreements with neuroscience.

Again - sorry i purposely digressed for Yahoo

You decide if your shadows are esp phenomena or just stressed imagination :) - neither is crazy - we are just designed to have lower or higher order instincts by nature where 'success' is measured by our ability to reason & separate the true phenomenological from the imagination.

But !! - sometimes we encourage imagination in order to invoke the phenomenal, where developmental guidance in spiritualism is the factor which suggests on how to do this while avoiding the above in this separate context.

With regard to voices

Again we have a freewill with which to seek guidance where we can learn to tell the difference

Regards

(((O)))
May i introduce you to Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzep! - as pronounced by Vi Kipling to Ron Jordan.
ZZZEP

Return to Psychic School: Questions and Answers to Teachers