Looking for dream interpretation insight

Post your dreams and have them interpreted by our visitors

Looking for dream interpretation insight

Postby Mikhaela » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:25 pm

A couple nights ago I had a dream my Step-daughter stabbed my baby in the middle of the night and killed him. This took place in our home. In the following dream we were at her home with her mom and I walked in to find her try to suffocate the baby with a pillow. In that dean the baby was still alive after. I'm 6 months pregnant. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.
Mikhaela

Re: Looking for dream interpretation insight

Postby Athanor » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Although in order to provide a more accurate interpretation it would usually be best to have some additional general background information about you (and a description of events just before these very upsetting dreams), a few ideas can be tried out to see if they might fit your personal situation in some way.

For example, it’s of course safe to say that being pregnant and going to have a baby is one of the deepest and most important things that can happen to a woman.

It might be a little hard to understand, but during a pregnancy, some dreams kind of include not only the dreamer but, in a way, all women who have ever given birth. This means that the dreams can look something like folk tales, old stories or mythology. For instance, a step-mother often appears in fairy tales, and your dream specifically chose your step-daughter to be shown in the dreams, probably to emphasize the fact that you are, at least in part, a “step-mother”.

However, your step-daughter in the dream isn’t the real girl, but instead symbolizes some part of you. So the idea could be that the dream is warning you of some feelings or thoughts etc. that might be like those of an “evil step-mother” in the old folk tales.

It’s a little complicated to explain, but your step-daughter in the dream could stand for these feelings etc. that could hurt, not your actual baby boy or the future child, but your own potential for growth and self-development.

For example, various self-hurtful thoughts that you’re mostly unaware of might appear, saying things like “You’re so dumb you’re no good as a mother or for anything else” etc. etc. These “stabbing” and “cutting” thoughts could “kill” any growing sense of ambition, enterprise and trying to do new things etc., as symbolized by your baby boy. This type of thinking might unfortunately be happening now because of the stress of raising your kids with another one on the way.

In the dream, your baby boy is killed in the middle of the night, emphasizing how you’re unaware and “in the dark” about any such potentially hurtful thoughts and opinions about yourself going on inside.

In the other dream, your step-daughter tries to suffocate the baby, also meaning that something inside you could be trying to kill your own “spirit” of enterprise etc. as symbolized by stopping the baby’s “breath of life”.

In that dream, it’s apparently daylight and your baby isn’t killed which points to the idea that you could keep any such negative thoughts about yourself from appearing in the future if you try to.

Anyway as mentioned, without knowing anything much about you, this way of looking at your dream might not fit your personal circumstances very well, but I hope that these ideas can be helpful in some way.

Please make any comments or ask any questions about this interpretation that you’d like to.
Athanor

Return to Dreams & Nightmares Decoded